We all want to be future Data Scientists, Data Analysts, or Data engineers but as you know everything related to data starts with statistics.
That’s why In this post you will get the top 15 Interview questions on Statistics.
- What is the Central Limit Theorem, and why is it important in data science?
- Explain the differences between overfitting and underfitting.
- How would you handle missing or corrupted data in a dataset?
- What is the bias-variance tradeoff?
- How would you explain a p-value to someone who has no background in statistics?
- Could you explain the difference between a Type I and a Type II error?
- Can you explain the difference between “correlation” and “causation”? Can you provide an example?
- What are some ways to handle skewed data?
- Explain the concept of regression. When would you use multiple linear regression?
- What are decision trees, and where might they be useful in a business context?
- How do you assess the statistical significance of an insight?
- Describe how the A/B testing process works.
- What is a confusion matrix, and how does it help in evaluating the performance of a classification model?
- How would you use statistical methods to identify an outlier?
- Explain the concepts of descriptive and inferential statistics. How are they different?
Make a note, try to analyze, and prepare answers to these questions by yourself.
If you find any difficulties do to forget to explore our free resources.